Our Leadership Team is responsible for creating, organizing and implementing WiSE group activities. We are assembled into several committees to efficiently coordinate all aspects of the WiSE group’s functions.
- Our group was founded in the fall of 2014 by Anna Corts and Katia Tarasava.
- The WiSE group Leadership Team is spear-headed by the President and Vice President who are assisted by the President’s Assistant and the Secretary.
- Dr. Kristi Anseth and Mecayla Cobb are our Faculty and Professional Advisers.
- The Coaching Committee coordinates and manages our unique University-wide coaching and mentoring program that pairs STEM graduate students and post-doctoral fellows with mentors in industry, academia, and non-profits.
- The Grant Committee writes collaborative grants to institutional and national grant agencies to support the WiSE group’s outreach and educational activities.
- The Community Outreach Committee strives to connect students and faculty at University of Colorado to the Boulder community through interactive science outreach activities and events.
- The Communications Committee shares information about diversity and inclusion issues, current research and news through the WiSE group’s social media accounts (@WiSE_CU and the CU WiSE Group page on facebook) and blogs/websites. We also create and distribute advertisements for our activities.
If you want to get involved by joining the WiSE Leadership Team, please contact Sarah at Sarah.Crump@colorado.edu
Join our email list to receive updates about events and opportunities here: https://lists.colorado.edu/sympa/subscribe/wisegroup